Thursday, April 26, 2007

my first post

Hi! My name is Abi. I am six and a half. I am going to India! I am going to see my cousin Anirudh. He is just a baby. I'm gonna see Kamini Athai. She's my aunt. I'm gonna see Neville Mahma. He is my uncle. Athai means "aunt" and mahma means "uncle." And I'm going to see Paati and Thatha. They are my grandparents. I have been to India before. My hair was shaved off and I got my ears pierced. I was one year old. I am really excited about the sweets. My favorite is Gulab Jamin. They look like little round balls. It is dough that is fried and then soaked in a sweet juice. I like to eat Idlies. Idlies look like puffed up pancakes. I eat them with sambar. Sambar is like a vegetable soup but it's kind of spicy. Idlies are a dinner food. I love India food! I am vegetarian. That means I don't eat meat because it hurts animals. There are a lot of vegetarians in India.


NOTE: These posts are typed by my mom. I tell her exactly what to say and then she types it in. If you want to send me email click here at my mom's email address. You can ask me questions about India.

4 comments:

lauren04 said...

good for you sweetie! i'm a vegetarian too :)
it's wonderful to see someone so young who cares so much anout animals.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first blog, Abi! I know your mom from a website where we both chat with lots of people. (MDC) She told us about your trip to India. How exciting!

I went to India 11 years ago for a month and I loved it. I can't wait to go back some day.

I love Idlies and Sambar. I am vegan, and I ate so much good food when I was in India. I was not vegan yet then, but vegetarian, and drank a lot of water buffalo milk.

I can't wait to see the photos you take there. How hot do you think it will be?

Emily

Melinda said...

Hi Abi. This is Adri. I like idlies and gulab jamun too. I eat my idlies with yogurt. I like sambar but it's too spicy so I eat idlis with yogurt.

I have never seen my Paathi and Thatha. They live in India too. I think you will have a lot of fun in India. I will go too someday.

TwoLittleIndians said...

Hi Abi. I hope you have lots of fun in India. My little girl, Priya, is 7 years old and she just took her first trip to Bombay last year. She loved it, she got to meet her Dadu for the first time. She also loved all of the shopping...lots of pretty shoes and clothes!