Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Tirupati Trip June 5- 6, 2007


First we got to a temple. It was a very very very very long trip! It smelled sweet. It was like a big maze. And we went through the whole thing, and we slept at a hotel. And the next morning we got out of the hotel and went to another temple. It was much bigger than the one we went to already. We woke up very very very early. We went through a maze to see the very important god. It was a very long prayer to wake him up. And then we saw a curtain, but he was still not waking up. Then we did another prayer. Then he finally woke up. My mom and dad went up to a big big mountain. There were 3750 stairs. My mom and my dad climbed up that many stairs! That’s a lot! On the way back we saw coconuts. And we drank the water out of it. And we ate coconuts. It tasted a little bit like jello and water mixed together. We saw a horse with a man sitting on it. We saw cows with their horns painted. But they didn’t have any spots like American cows. We saw ducks in the pond. We saw pigs, goats, dogs, and we saw our first cat in the temple. We have a very special cloth. It had golden threads. It was used for putting on god. We get to keep it! Hurray! We saw lots of ducks, more than we ever saw. It was a very close view. We saw a truck carrying lots of rice. It was just like a stack of hay driving. And I got to ride with Daddy first, Mommy second. Well I got in lots of fights with Nitara. Especially bragging. And we are at Anirudh’s house now because we just got back. Anirudh had new toys. And I got a toy from Kamini Athai. I have new bangles. I bought the bangles in the temple. Paathi said I can have them. You wear them on your arm. Their colors are yellow, orange, pink, red, blue, green, white, purple, and black. They’re made out of plastic. They are like bracelets. Bye bye for now! I will see you next time and type another blog. Love, Abi.


Password: photos

1 comment:

evedstar said...

Hi Abi,

Sounds like you're having an exciting time. I really like the photo of you drinking from a coconut. It kind of looks like you're still in Arizona. How is India differnt from Arizona? A teacher - always asking questions. I can't wait to hear all of your stories when you come back to school. Have a great time.
Mrs. Thomas